There are 9 entries for Sun: 1) German progressive/jazz krautrock band formed in 1969 as Punished Sun but dropped the first word for the 1974 Proton 1 split and 1980 self-titled album. 2) Early 70's Australian progressive jazz rock band with the vocal talents of Renée Geyer. 3) Sun was an American R&B, disco, and funk band that was active mainly during the late 1970s and the early 1980s 4) SUN（瀬戸燦） is one of the stars from the anime Seto no Hanayome, voiced by Haruko Momoi. 5) Ho Yeow Sun...
There are 9 entries for Sun:
1) German progressive/jazz krautrock band formed in 1969 as Punished Sun but dropped the first word for the 1974 Proton 1 split and 1980 self-titled album.
2) Early 70's Australian progressive jazz rock band with the vocal talents of Renée Geyer.
3) Sun was an American R&B, disco, and funk band that was active mainly during the late 1970s and the early 1980s
4) SUN（瀬戸燦） is one of the stars from the anime Seto no Hanayome, voiced by Haruko Momoi.
5) Ho Yeow Sun (Simplified Chinese: 何耀珊; Pinyin: Hé Yàoshān; born June 2, better known as Sun Ho or simply Sun, is a Singaporean pop music singer;
6) the Australian two-piece Sun made up of Oren Ambarchi and Chris Townsend.
7) Japanese indie rock/alternative rock band.
8) German Alternative/Grunge Band from Mönchengladbach/Germany
9) German metal/progressive band from Potsdam/Germany
10) Sun is the pseudonym of Canadian electronic musician Andy Sun.
2) Ho Yeow Sun is the first Asian singer to top the US Billboard Dance Chart and the UK MusicWeek Chart. She is the first Chinese pop singer to be invited to the 46th Annual Grammy Awards 2004 and to present at the American Dancestar Music Awards 2004. She is also invited to perform at the Hollywood Film Festival 2003. It all started when her debut American single "Where Did Love Go" reached #1 on the Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play "Breakout" Chart for the week ending December 22, 2003. Subsequently, three of her singles, "One With You," "Without Love" and "Gone" have reached #1 positions on the Billboard Dance Chart and four of her singles, "One With You," "Without Love," "Ends Of The Earth" and "Gone" have reached #1 positions on the UK MusicWeek Chart.
Sun holds an M.A. degree in Counseling, and worked as a counselor for troubled teens from 1996 to 2001. Since establishing her career as a pop artist in April 2002, she has been involved in raising funds for various charitable organizations. Her humanitarian team had been involved in the Tsunami Disaster Relief Operations (2005), building of schools and medical clinics in Indonesia and China.
In July 2005, Sun opened a streetwear boutique, SKIN Couture, at The Marina Square (Singapore), which carries apparels and accessories from American labels such as True Religion, Antik Denim, Bejeweled, etc. She opened her second store on October 2006 at The Heeren Shops (Singapore) carrying Japanese labels like Queen Of A Luxury Lover, Double Standard, Chelseagarb, etc. Sun and her SKIN partners acquired exclusive distribution for Ed Hardy in Singapore, and opened its first flagship store in Asia at The Heeren Shops (Singapore) on October 29, 2005.
Currently Sun resides in the USA, and travels often to Taiwan and China.
1) Sun was an R&B, disco, and funk band that was active mainly during the late 1970s and the early 1980s. Originating from Dayton, Ohio, Sun recorded prolifically for Capitol Records from 1976 to 1984, but just couldn't score a major hit. The closest they came was Sun Is Here, which made it to number 18 on the R&B charts in 1978. They made one last try with Air City in 1984, but it flopped.
Original Group Members/Instrument played:
* John Wagner (Trumpet, Vocs)
* Chris Jones (Trumpet, Vocals)
* Byron M. Byrd (Tenor Saxophone, Vocals)
* Dean Hummons (Organ, Piano, Clavinet)
* Hollis Melson ([Bass]])
* Kym Yancey (Drums)
* Shawn Sandridge (Guitar and Heil Talk Box)
In 1977, Sun added Gary King (trombone, vocs), Ernie Knisley (percussion, Trumpet), and Bruce Hastell (guitar). In 1979, Robert Arnold, Nigel Boulton, Sonnie Talbert, Keith Cheatham, and Curtis Hooks replaced all but Byron Byrd and Kym Yancey from the original 7 piece lineup,following a management dispute. Founding members Sandridge, Jones and Hummons left Sun to form a new group called Dayton. Sun disbanded in 1982 after a stint in Japan. In 1985 an amended line-up recorded the album 'Eclipse' for the Air City label. By this time Sun's line-up was down to Byron M. Byrd and Anthony Thompson.
6) Sun was an Alternative rock band from Mönchengladbach, Germany with English lyrics and styles described as Crossover and Progressive rock.
The band was founded in 1991 by Ralf Aussem and Jörg Schröder. Sun was considered for long time on critics as "German answer" of Pearl Jam or Tool. Furthermore the band supported Pearl Jam on their Ten Release Tour in 1992 and also Monster Magnet in the year 1995.
Two years after founding their band they got their Majordeal on the label Gun Records. The band became good known by their albums Murdernature, XXXX and Nitro as also by co-projects for sequels of the serial rock sampler Crossing All Over. Further, the band used instruments atypical of rock, like English flutes.
In the year 2001 the band split up after different exchanges of bandmembers and severe illness of their singer. Their founder and musicwriter Ralf Aussem plays currently in the Scottish/German band Dead Guitars. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.